Friday, November 19, 2010

a big thing happened yesterday



I got my official acceptance letter to go on the East Asia mission trip!
*insert jumping up and down with goofy smile plastered on face*

In case you didn’t already know, this is my very first mission trip. Ever. And even though I am so excited, I am also scared out of my mind! I have no idea what to expect and really no idea what I am doing. But the Lord has called me to this and I am more than willing to go and obey. Please be praying for me!

I am sure you are dying to know the details of my trip, and believe me I am DYING to tell you!  I am going to use my blog to communicate with all of you guys the updates and the progress of the days leading up to the mission trip and then the days that I am actually over there.

So far, here is what I know:

Leaving on March 3, 2011
Returning March 12, 2011

Amount I need to raise: $2,500

Where I am going: East Asia
I’m not allowed to say exactly where we will be for protection of our team and the people who we are going to work with.

What we are doing: We will be creating relationships with college students by hanging out with them and getting to know them. As we get to know them, we will share the gospel with them and pray for their hearts and eyes to be opened. Even if they are not, the seed has been planted and the Lord can cultivate and water it J

We have several training meetings leading up to the trip, including a retreat for our team to bond together before we leave. They are going to prepare our minds and hearts for the culture, people, and the government. Like I said in an earlier post, the precious people are smothered in communism and forced to worship and pray to a god that is determined and accepted by the government. I am fervently praying for these people.

You should pray too!

I, and the team I am going with, need all the prayer that we can get! Praying is so important because it shows reliance and dependence on the Lord to provide and orchestrate this whole trip! Please, please, please join me in praying for some things:

*Preparation of my heart. That I would sit, listen intently, and hear the Spirit speaking to me. That I would constantly look to Him for guidance and support.

*The Lord’s provision. That He would provide all the funds that both my team and I need in order to travel over the oceans and lands to spread the Word of Christ.

*For the hearts of the people. That even now the Lord will be working in the hearts of the people that we will come in contact with. That they will see their need for Christ and desire to surrender their lives completely to Him.

*The wonderful people who we are going to be serving with. A lot of them have been over there for some time and they need so much prayer. There is a lot of spiritual warfare happening and they need prayer of protection of their hearts, minds, and safety.

                 Look at these sweet precious faces.





No comments:

Post a Comment